Friday, July 9, 2010

Feliz cumpleaños a mí

Happy Birthday to Me....

Yes its my birthday today... When I was a kid, every year I am always looking forward this day. Ito ang araw na palagi ay maraming handa sa bahay. Hindi naman kami mayaman pero my parents will see to it na kung may birthday sa isa sa aming tatlong magkakapatid ay hindi nawawalan ng handa sa bahay. Kahit na simpleng pancit lang at cake para sa amin ay sapat na ito para maramdaman namin na espesyal ang araw ng kapanganakan namin.

Ngayong matanda na ako at kaya ko nang maghanda para sa sarili ko, there's no reason para hindi maging masaya ang araw na ito para sa akin. I may be far away from home, but thanks to the advent of technology, I can always call home whenever I want to be happy. I can buy expensive gifts for myself such as gadgets, jewelries, clothes, and other luxuries which in my younger years was just dreams for me.

Really there's no reason not to be happy..

But the irony is, I am not completely happy on my birthday. I dont feel like this day is the same as I used to have it when I was a kid. Gone is the excitement of waking up early to say thank you for every birthday greeting I will receive throughout the day.... I know i will receive numerous greetings and smiling faces today, but there's one greeting and smiling face face i want to hear and see today.... Its from you!

Thank you for calling early mahal... But it seems not enough to ease the pain of wanting to hold you today. Kahit palagi tayong nag aaway, para tayong aso't pusa kung minsan pero i can't deny it na I will alaways want nobody but you...

No comments: