Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Just got curious today!

I was surfing the net and found this site which helps aspiring writers to mprove their craft and analyzes ones writing style.

I was writing since college but I dont consider myself a good one. First, I dont have an excellent command of the english language since I am a technical person. Writing for me is an outlet. Here I can express my unspoken emotions, my frustrations and hang ups. It is my tranquilizer, it calms me when I am occupied with not so good feelings and it lifts me when I am feeling down. Second, I am not taking writing seriously because it takes a lot of my time. I have a full time and a very demanding job. Writing is only a past time for me.

But since I was already there, I decided to give it a try. Here's my result...





I write like
James Joyce
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

Naloka ako, di ko kilala si James Joyce. Kukonti lang kasi kilala kong writer. Nacurious na naman ako kaya bigla akong nagsearch sa Google kung sino si James Joyce at ito ang intro nya..

James Augustine Aloysius Joyce (2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941) was an Irish writer and poet, widely considered to be one of the most influential writers of the 20th century. Along with Marcel Proust, Virginia Woolf, and others, Joyce was a key figure in the development of the modernist novel. He is best known for his landmark novel Ulysses (1922). Other major works are the short-story collection Dubliners (1914), and the novels A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (1916) and Finnegans Wake (1939).







Though most of Joyce's adult life was spent in continental Europe, his fictional universe does not extend much beyond Dublin and is populated largely by characters who closely resemble family members, enemies and friends from his time there; Ulysses in particular is set with precision in the real streets and alleyways of the city. Shortly after the publication of Ulysses he elucidated this preoccupation somewhat, saying, "For myself, I always write about Dublin, because if I can get to the heart of Dublin I can get to the heart of all the cities of the world. In the particular is contained the universal." [1]

I read through the article and at the end agreed with the comparison. We both write about family, friends and people around us.. I write about myself, Miko, my family and people around us.

No comments: