Monday, August 30, 2010

All About Miss Universe 2010 (PART 1)

This a a very late post but this is  not a full - fledge gay blog if it doesn't include an entry about beauty pageant. I am talking about the just concluded Miss Universe pageant to be specific. Millions of Filipinos around the world patiently waited for the live broadcast of the event from Mandalay Bay Resort. Here in the Middle East it was aired early morning and many of us sacrificed our much valued one more hour of sleep just to catch the live broadcast.

I woke up at 4:30 am and turned on my computer and logged into http://www.pinoy-ako.info/ to catch an early morning broadcast but was disappointed to find out that the pageant will not start until "Today with KC" is over so I searched the net for a live streaming and jumped in joy when after twenty something site I found one which was working. I contented watching the pageant in a spanish channel since it started 30 minutes ahead of the TFC broadcast.

The show started with the National Costume parade, and there amidst the sea of stunningly beautiful women, Miss Philippines Venus Raj stood out. With her almost chocolate colored skin and perfect body figure, I silently hoped that she will make it to the 15 finalists.

Then came the announcement of the top 15 finalists....

Here are the top 15 of the Miss Universe Pageant in order of announcement...


1. Ms. Puerto Rico

2. Ms. Ukraine

3. Ms. Mexico

4. Ms. Belgium

5. Ms. Ireland

6. Ms. South Africa

7. Ms. France

8. Ms. Australia

Halfway through and no Miss Philippines yet... Oh God please, please.... and then..

9. Ms. Jamaica

10. Ms. Russia

11. Ms. Albania

12. Ms. Columbia

13. Ms. Guatemala

Two slots remains but still no Miss Philippines, to think that you still have Venezuela, Dominican Republic, USA and other beauty pageant powerhouses...
14. Ms. Czech Republic

I was one of the millions of filipinos who jumped out of our seats when finally...

15. Ms. Philippines

The final 15 then competed and sashayed in their bikinis in the Swimwear Competition...

Here are the top 15 Finalist in their Swim Wear.... (in alphabetical order)



ALBANIA


AUSTRALIA


BELGIUM


CZECH REPUBLIC



COLUMBIA

FRANCE

GUATEMALA

IRELAND


JAMAICA



MEXICO



PHILIPPINES


PUERTO RICO


RUSSIA

SOUTH AFRICA


UKRAINE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It' s the first time I have heard that in Macedonia, obits are an unusual observe. You have wonderfully written the post. I have liked your way of writing this. Thanks for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

I can' t but agree.I always wanted to get off in my orientation something like that but I dare say you' r faster.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]