Wednesday, September 30, 2009

TGIW

Thank GOD It's Wednesday... Dito po sa Middle East it's not TGIF (Thank God It's FridaY), but its TGIW. The week here starts on a Saturday and ends on Friday. Working days start on Saturdays and end on Wedenesdays (we have a five day work week).

At the start, I really had a problem starting the day on Wednesday. Who could blame me? I spent almost my entire life starting a week on Monday and ending it on a Sunday. Moreover, I was accustomed to a weekend of church and family gathering. All of a sudden, I am here in the Middle East and needs to adapt with their culture.

I was very confused before that whenever my boss is asking me to finish a report on weekends, I always tell my him that I will submit it on Monday (third working day of the week). I will just be aware that I said saomething wrong when wrinkles will start to appear on his forehead hahahahaha..... And to tell you not only us filipinos are prone to this mistake because my colleagues who are westerners also commit the same mistake.

Now, after more than three years of juggling days of the week, I can say that I am now used to starting my week on a Saturday and ending it on a Friday. But the problem is when I go home for my vacation, the confusion are again starting to build up.. hehehehe. I am feeling lazy on Thursdqays and fridays and will prefer to just lie down on my bed than doing things I used to do on a working day...

But whenever I am here in back in ME... at 5 PM.... I can always say TGIF!

No comments: